Cleansing is an important part of skincare routine that one mustn’t leave it. The old school method of cleansing has gone far beyond the reach. The 2020 Face Cleansing method has changed a lot. There are various steps in cleansing your skin. But here we will discuss why and how you should clean your face. Continue reading to know more.
WHY YOU SHOULD CLEANSE EVERYDAY
- Clearing out the pores by removing dirt and other impurities.
- Removes any dead skin that might cause irritation to skin.
- Restoring the natural glow and hydration by removing dust.
- Use a cleanser that suits you the best as the next steps would work efficiently.
- It preps the skin ready for moisturiser and helps it to absorb more effectively.
- It prepares the skin for other skincare products.
- Prevents any skin issues at bay.
HOW TO CLEANSE
You must know the basic cleansing steps that only takes 5 to 10 mins.
- STEP 1 –
Use a specific cleanser gel/lotion that suit you the best and start cleansing your face from middle.
- STEP 2 –
After cleansing thoroughly, use a cotton pad to remove it away gently without rubbing.
- STEP 3 –
Use a toner to maintain the pH level of your skin.
- STEP 4 –
Do your basic skincare routine.
- STEP 5 –
To restore the hydration use a moisturizer always.
Ways you can cleanse your face
- Pick your favourite cleansing milk.
- Pour a coin size amount on a cotton pad or you can directly apply it on your face.
- Massage gently in a circular motion.
- Rinse with warm water or wipe it off.
- Select a face wash suitable for your skin type
- Take a generous amount on a clean palm and lather it on your face.
- Massage in a circular motion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water
- Pick a face wipe of your preference (I suggest a recyclable one).
- Take out a wipe and gently wipe your face, starting from the centre in a circular motion.
- Dab the wipe around eyes.
- To melt the eye makeup, wait for 1 or 2 minutes, then gently swipe away.
- Use the facial wipes followed by a gentle cleanser.
- Saturate a cotton pad with your favorite micellar water.
- Gently swipe across your face.
- For eyes, press the pad and hold for 10 to 20 seconds to breakdown any makeup then swipe away.
- Rinse with warm water.
DON’T FORGET TO MOISTURIZE AFTER CLEANING YOUR FACE
CLEANSING TIPS THAT YOU CAN FOLLOW
- Always use cleanser with clean hands
- Use the right water temperature. We consider warm water best, neither hot nor too cold.
- Try steaming your face it helps in opening the pores and getting rid of excessive dirt.
- Be gentle while washing your face, Don’t rub your face. Try massaging in a circular motion for better results.
- Always cleanse when you feel oiliness or sweating or excessive dirt/dusts on your face.
- Use a clean towel to pat dry the skin.
COMMON MISTAKES WHILE CLEANSING
- People use any temperature of water as they like
- Making face wipes as their commonly used method of cleansing.
- Using dirty face towels.
- Lathering the product aggressively
- Forget to moisturize after cleansing
- Using any kind of cleanser that doesn’t even suit them.
- Cleanse once in a day or not at all.
Cleansing is an important part of skincare. Without cleansing, no other steps in skincare routine can be done. This might take a little time, but the results are rewarding. Cleanse twice a day for a healthy and radiant skin.
Feel free to suggest any way of improving the site.
Read below about Himalaya cleansing milk here.